Index Data is seeking a talented, independent systems thinker to fill the role of Library Services Analyst. We are a software and services company delivering solutions for the future of libraries. Founded in 1994, Index Data is a global, highly talented, distributed team of diverse, fun, interesting and accomplished people. While we are a team that works virtually, prior to Covid-19 we would pull the team together multiple times a year, whether it’s Montreal, Madrid, Malaga or Miami. We enjoy a strong history of enthusiastic collaboration amongst our team and with wider communities. Index Data is a leading force in the development of the FOLIO platform and community as well as Project ReShare, and has been producing software for libraries for 27 years.
As the Library Services Analyst, you will partner with customers and prospects as they adopt FOLIO, ReShare and other products to ensure we have successful implementations and that the overall customer experience is superior. Index Data works with several community owned, open source projects and provides services around those projects. You will likely be active in these communities representing Index Data and our customers. You will also help our team set strategies and priorities for our future development efforts. We all feed off the passion of each member of the team, and we look for you to bring your own passions and interests and add them to our mix.
Leveraging your exceptional organizational and communication skills and talents, you will perform a wide range of duties, including:
- Requirements Analysis
- Solution and Process Architecture
- Quality Assurance
- Project Management
- Product Ownership
- Customer Service and training
To be successful, you will need:
- 10+ years in the library field working in libraries, in library consortia, or in industry
- Experience with core library business processes and workflows, particularly technical services and/or resource management areas
- You are passionate about the future of libraries
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong sense of ownership and masterful attention to detail
- Ability and comfort working from wherever you are with a remote, distributed team
- Comfort wearing many hats and ‘doing whatever it takes’ to get the job done
- Be based in North America
Things that would be cool:
- You can code (we don’t expect you to code, but it can be useful if you have in the past)
- You have experience working on software development projects, particularly agile and/or open source ones
- You have industry recognition (awards, presentations, publications, memberships)
Index Data offers a competitive benefits package, and really is a great place to work. Please consider joining us! Email your cover letter and resume to Jobs@IndexData.com.