Index Data is seeking a talented, well-rounded, independent thinker to fill the role of Cloud Systems Administrator. We are a software and services company delivering solutions for the future of libraries. Founded in 1994, Index Data is a global, highly talented, distributed team of diverse, fun, interesting and accomplished people. We pull the team together multiple times a year, whether it’s Montreal, Málaga, Miami or Copenhagen, and enjoy a strong history of enthusiastic and productive collaboration among our team and with the wider library and open source software communities. Index Data is a leading force in the development of the FOLIO and ReShare products and community, and has been delivering Open Source software for over 25 years.
As a Cloud Systems Administrator, you will leverage and extend your expertise to build, deploy, and manage mission critical applications and infrastructure for customers and developers with an emphasis on reliability and scale. This is an opportunity to blend your library experience with state of the art cloud environments, tools and workflows.
This position requires effective communication, analytical, and problem solving skills across a spectrum of library application technologies, virtualization platforms, and networked services, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Linux systems administration across multiple distributions including Ubuntu and CentOS
- Docker and Kubernetes container and container orchestration platforms
- Cloud-hosted environments and services including AWS and IBM Cloud
- Kafka, Elasticsearch, Solr, Postgresql and other relational and non-relational databases
- Authz/authn protocols and platforms like SSO, SAML, Shibboleth, LDAP and OAUTH
- Git and Github
- CI/CD systems like Jenkins and Github Actions
- Automation tools like Ansible and Terraform
- Library technologies and platforms, including VuFind, Blacklight, Z39.50, and NCIP
- Familiarity with JS, Python, PHP, Perl. Java, and Golang programming languages and ecosystems
If you are passionate about Open Source Software, the future of libraries and the software development process, consider joining Index Data. We offer a competitive benefits package, work from home flexibility and have a really great team.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.