Net::Z3950::SimpleServer is a Perl module which is intended to make it as simple as possible to develop new Z39.50, SRU and SRW servers over any type of database imaginable. All you have to do is implement functions handling:
- Initializing of your database (optional),
- searching the database,
- returning "database records" on request,
- sorting (optional),
- scanning indexes (optional),
- connection closure (optional), and
- eventually other Z39.50/SRU/SRW events such as result-set deletion and extended services.