The YAZ Proxy is highly configurable and can be used in a number of different applications, ranging from debugging Z39.50-based applications and protecting overworked servers, to improving the performance of stateless WWW/Z39.50 gateways. Among other features, it includes:
- Configurable logging
- SRU/SRW server function, to allow any Z39.50 server to also support the ZiNG protocols
- Load balancing across multiple backend servers
- Session-sharing and pre-initialization to improve performance in servers with expensive session initialization
- Configurable request filtering, to keep bad requests from reaching the server
- XML support -- MARC records can be converted to MARCXML, and XSLT-transformations allow the proxy to support arbitrary retrieval schemas in XML
- Load governor function limits requests from aggressive batch-mode clients
- Efficient multiplexing software enables small memory footprint and very high performance
NOTE: The YAZ Proxy, a complete application, is available under the GPL license. Other licensing terms are available to commercial vendors upon request.
Configuration and installation assistance and ongoing support is available for the YAZ Proxy. For futher information about support or licensing options, please contact or Sebastian Hammer in Denmark (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.