Version 1.2 of yaz4j has been released, http://www.indexdata.com/yaz4j.
Changes to the API:
- add Connection close that shutdowns socket without destroying the object
- rename ResultSet getSize to getHitCount
- #3115 - fix JVM crash when fetching records in unsupported syntax caused by null ptr dereference, handle record errors during search and in-record errors
- properly deallocate records not managed by a result set
As we have failed to announce previous release (1.1), here’ the list of changes:
— 1.1 2010/02/22
Major changes to the API:
- using Java naming conventions
- simplified/removed less used classes
- using standard Java container types instead of of binded natives
- use checked exceptions for all app/protocol layer errors
Major changes to the code layout, using Maven to manage build.
- #3122 - out of memory bug caused by ResultSet using memory proportional to the number of hits